Responsible for managing the inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected manufactured items. Ensure that the master schedule is in alignment with customer orders and end item forecast to drive raw material requirements within cumulative lead times.
- Releases work to assigned work center within capacity constraints and load level as required.
- Ensures appropriate lot sizes and lead times by maintains ordering.
- Communicates with production supervisors on the status of work orders meeting schedule and recommends when and where to move capacities.
- Maintains time fences for both releases of work as well as customer service promises.
- Split production orders when necessary.
- Communicates with engineering on new product introduction for pre-production orders and timing as to when to make standard product.
- Ensures accurate items are planned by maintaining the quick ship program stocking levels.
- Collaborates with engineering to determine which items should be MTS verse MTO.
- Ensure time fences are kept up-to-date
- Facilitate communication between customer service and the production floor.
- Strategize ways to meet customer requirements in less than lead time where possible.
- Collaborate with Sales forecasting as an additional trigger for items to be reviewed when requirements are out of sync with plans.
- Associates Degree
- 5-8 years of experience