The Inventory Control Specialist maintains the integrity of physical inventory by coordinating with the team to control the material receiving, put away, and replenishment of SKU. Duties also include execution of daily cycle counts and material replenishments to meet the guidelines for inventory accuracy, for order turnover, and for container receiving.
- Maintain security and integrity of physical inventory.
- During annual audit, coordinate information and activity with Accounting and the Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for receiving all incoming air and container shipments, by planning and manage with focuses on discrepancies, timeliness of receiving, and organization.
- Communicate all discrepancies and quality issues with the Product Department and Purchasing as well as inform Order Processing, Shipping and Manufacturing of receipt of shipments.
- Coordinate and process all daily cycle counts & inventory adjustments.
- Verify accuracy of daily cycle counts and inventory reports.
- Replenish primary picking locations daily and in a timely manner to facilitate order turnover on both an as needed basis as well as proactively.
- Assist Warehouse Manager in maintaining the accuracy of locations for inventory; and depending on daily volume and manpower needs, assist shipping in pick/pack when necessary.
- Perform special assignments as required.
- Coordinate all information with Manager.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the warehouse and the facility.
Critical Success Factors
- Maintain security and integrity of physical inventory through SAP cycle count program and quarterly inventory audits.
- Lead in the receiving of all incoming shipments with a focus on accurate item quantity and timely receiving of shipments in accordance with company set guidelines.
- Report and work with Inventory Control Specialist & Warehouse Manager to ensure proper coverage of replenishment of items for orders.
- High school education or equivalent,
- Computer literate: knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, and SAP. *R.F. device operation a plus.
- 3 years of warehouse experience.
- Forklift experience is a must.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
Please note, all responsibilities outlined in the above job description are subject to change as needed. All efforts will be made to ensure proper notice is given for changes in responsibilities.