To produce a quality frame free from defects based on prescribed instructions within designated timelines.
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment, and systems of work for self and all employees, and to participate in training as needed for this purpose.
- Must read and comprehend blueprints, routings, job cards, bills of materials and other pre-established guidelines to perform functions of job. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Fabricate parts by use of appropriate hand and air tools, documentation, jigs, and equipment.
- May set-up and operate a resistance welder, grinder, ring roller, rivet machine, shear, drill press, press brake, hydraulic press, bending table, T-drill, cut-off machine, beader/ threader, and other fabrication pieces of equipment. May solder and cast from a zinc pot.
- Ensures a quality product by identifying issues with manufactured and purchased parts.
- Obtains necessary information and daily work schedule by referencing computer system.
- Participates in inventory activities including cycle counting.
- Racks parts in preparation for finishing.
- Ensures an organized, clean, and safe workspace by understanding and applying the use of the 6S guidelines.
- May be assigned to other areas within the organization as the need arises.
- Performance expectations to be met
- Relies on experience and judgment to fabricate complex fixtures, troubleshoot issues and perform a variety of tasks.
- Trains new individuals in work area and coaches/mentors co-workers.
- Will fabricate preliminary runs of new product.
- Can fabricate and contribute in 3 or more fabrication work areas.
- Serve as the “go-to” person within a work area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Preferred
- 2+ years of experience
Please note, all responsibilities outlined in the above job description are subject to change as needed. All efforts will be made to ensure proper notice is given for changes in responsibilities.